December 7, 2016, Washington, D.C. – Radio Free Asia, a private, nonprofit multimedia news corporation broadcasting in 9 East Asian languages, and AudioNow®, the leading mobile platform for broadcasters, today announced a new start-of-the art mobile app to expand the reach of RFA’s global audio content, “RFA Mobile Streamer”.
The centerpiece of the AudioNow®-produced app is RFA’s award-winning investigative brand of domestic journalism via its audio programs, serving audiences in six Asian countries who otherwise lack access to reliable news and information. In-language programming by RFA Cantonese, Khmer (Cambodian), Korean, Lao, Mandarin, Myanmar, Tibetan, Uyghur, and Vietnamese is streamlined for an “audio-only” experience, where listeners can choose how to hear favorite programs over voice or data plans.
“RFA’s mission is to bring reliable, accurate news and information to people living in closed Asian countries,” said Rohit Mahajan, RFA’s Director of Public Affairs and Digital Strategy. “This app, which RFA is proud to launch with AudioNow®, provides a great way for people in Asia to access RFA’s programming and audio content through their mobile phones and devices.
RFA’s Mobile Streamer is available for download here:
Headquartered in Washington, D.C. since 2008, AudioNow® has become the leading developer of innovative, in-language apps for global and local broadcasters designed around listener engagement unique to communities and broadcaster genres.
RFA Mobile Streamer includes features that enables users to:
- Listen to dozens of radio news programs in all of RFA’s nine languages on demand;
- Choose between listening to audio over your phone cellular connection or data connection to save money and bandwidth;
- Save on data costs with the Low-Bandwidth Mode in the settings;
- Share audio content by e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and other social media services;
- Download podcasts, allowing listeners to access programs offline; and
- Users will soon be able to submit their citizen journalist content to RFA (allowing users to send text, photos, audio files, or video –- giving access to content in a variety of forms). This specific feature will be available in the upcoming weeks.
In addition to RFA, AudioNow® app partners include VOA, BBC, ESPN 980, WTOP, Radio America, Multimedios, CCTV, Radio Television Caraibes, United Nations, and apps in over 50 languages.
For more information, contact Rebecca Walker at: firstname.lastname@example.org