February 1, 2017 – Washington, D.C. – New York’s oldest Mandarin language radio station, ICN Chinese American Voice, breaks new ground with a cutting-edge mobile application exclusive for its radio programming and especially designed for diaspora audiences. This exciting new app is developed in partnership with Washington D.C.-based AudioNow®, the leading developer of innovative, in-language apps for global and local broadcasters.
The app, Chinese American Voice, is free to download from Google Play and the App Store.
The Chinese American Voice app allows listeners access to the 24-hour live broadcast of ICN radio around the world, as well as podcasts of their favorite programs, and access to show hosts via the app’s Radio Reporter feature. The tool allows listeners to send photos, videos and text direct to the station in response to breaking news, public polls or promotions.
Coming in 2017, listeners will have access to licensed remittance services in Chinese American Voice’s mobile app. This service gives customers a simple, secure and low-cost way to send money home through their mobile phone. AudioNow®,’s mobile money transfer feature represents the first-ever payment system in media apps aimed at lowering consumer fees while benefiting broadcasters and their audiences. Helping provide innovative new services to the community like mobile money transfers has been a distinguishing tenet of ICN Chinese American Voice Radio.
Based in Flushing, New York, Chinese American Voice was founded in 1986 by media entrepreneur, Richard Hsueh. The station broadcasts news from China, the U.S., and the New York tri-state area in Mandarin, also providing programming covering arts and culture, politics, and current events of particular interest to the diaspora community.
Popular programs include, “Let’s Discuss it Together” hosted by Richard Hsueh, “Mercy Community Forum” hosted by Peter Tu, “Looking Left, Right, Forward” hosted by YingJun Lin, “Sporting World” hosted by GuangYang Peng and Women’s Magazine” hosted by Belinda Hsu, among others.
The Chinese American Voice app enables users to:
- Listen to Chinese American Voice radio programs live and on demand;
- Choose between listening to live radio streaming via telephone call or internet connection to save money and bandwidth;
- Save on data costs via the “Low-Bandwidth Mode”;
- Share audio content by e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and other social media platforms;
- Download podcasts, allowing listeners to access programs offline; and
- Submit text, photos, audio files, and videos directly to station staff, essentially creating a legion of citizen journalists who can serve as the eyes and ears of Chinese American Voice.
- Forthcoming: Listeners will soon be able to send money via the app.
For more information, contact AudioNow® Director of Digital Partnerships – Rebecca Walker at: firstname.lastname@example.org